Sunday 7 November 2010

New rabbit

This has been delayed slightly, because I ran out of joints again, and had to wait for a new order to arrive (must be more organised!) but here he is - my currently unnamed rabbit, with the aeronautical ears.

The head design I've had for quite a while - I was making unjointed rabbits with mohair heads and cotton bodies, and I have made a standing rabbit also - but this is the first entirely mohair, sitting rabbit I've made. I think he turned out quite well, although of course there are a few things I'd like to change if I have another attempt.

The proportions are all wrong - his body is too short. Rabbits are quite long creatures. The legs are about right, I'd say, but the arms are rather piddling in comparison with the rest of him. And, for some reason, the head looks down too much. He does actually have a little embroidered nose, but you can't tell unless you hold him up and look beneath his chin(?) Or where his chin would be if rabbits had chins.






Whilst I was waiting for the joints to arrive, I started another mini bear, which I managed to finish this evening. I shall photograph him and upload him tomorrow.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Rabbit has character! I love the ears. I have never purposely looked at the positioning of rabbit noses but it looks ok. How about a minibear in the shape of your latest polar bear? Several in different colours?