Tuesday, 4 October 2011
My little bear in a wheelchair is finally finished. Look at that face! Sometimes I look at her and think she's really sweet; at other times, all I can think is that she looks unbearably sad, with those big watery eyes.
As I said before, I got this bear all sewn up quite quickly - she is a design I have made before, although I have altered her legs slightly, so she sits properly in the chair. But that bit was simple enough - it was the face that I got stuck on. In particular, I don't think I've really mastered the clay eyelid thing. I tried very hard with this one. I spent a long time getting the shape right, and then I painted them in a dark red colour. It doesn't really seem to make much difference though - they still look black in the photos.
The main problem though is that the eyelids are not quite flush against the face. I'm going to have to try something else, I think.
At any rate, the technique may not have been quite right, but it did work well for this bear. She will be appearing on the website soon!