Wednesday 9 May 2012

Hugo

I have finally finished another of the bears-on-all-four-feet, with the wired framework.  His name is Hugo, and he is made from one of my favourite types of mohair - a really silky, textured mohair, with blonde roots and a very dark tip.  Unfortunately, it doesn't photograph particularly well - particularly the black eyes against the dark brown mohair...

I think I said this before - on finishing Pongo - but the plan is to continue in this direction, but adding a little more movement into it - i.e. walking/jumping/whatever.  It will be trying to get the balance right that will be the problem.








3 comments:

Polly said...

He's cute. I too love that mohair. I made a series of 10 little 6 inch bears called Bisto with that in the 1990's. They sold really well.

Naomi said...

Lovely!
More of these!

The String Empire said...

Aw!! Very cute!