Friday 19 October 2012

BigFeetBears on Facebook and Pinterest!

I've been talking to people about Facebook and social networking recently.  BigFeetBears has had a Facebook page for quite a while, but I've never really got into the habit of updating it.  However, I am going to give it another go!

So the link to the Facebook page should be on the left, and below each post, there's a teeny-tiny symbol which allows you to add a link to this page from Facebook, should you wish to.

I have also been investigating Pinterest.  It's a fabulous site!  Why didn't I do this earlier?  I have created a panda board with all the pictures I used when I was trying to come up with my panda pattern - plus a few more very sweet panda pictures that I've found subsequently.

I've also started a meerkat board, for the meerkat pattern I've yet to finish! 

For personal interest - collecting images you really like - it's great, but I'm not quite sure how well it would work for a business actually promoting their own products - particularly a tiny business, with very few products, like my own.  I can't see the point of just pinning pictures of all the bears.  They are, after all, available on Etsy.

One thing I might do though is use it to create a gallery of previous designs, bears which have since found homes and are no longer available.  I had a gallery page on my now-defunct website and I always thought it was useful because occasionally people would ask me to create a bear similar to one of those in the gallery. 

For some reason I am having trouble uploading pictures from my computer, but I imagine it's possible to use a photo-sharing site - like Photobucket or Flickr - and then pin from there.

Anyway, do visit my Facebook page, and the Pinterest boards and do have a look at my Etsy shop - I have been adding more of the bears!

No comments: