Monday 10 June 2013

New mammoths

These are Thursday and Friday's mammoths - another cream version, and one in pink mohair!  Shamefully, I have once again forgotton their names.  I took them into the Art & Craft Centre, thought up two very apt and imaginative names, then came home and forgot said names.  I think the one on the right might be Betty.

I have literally just finished a little blue mammoth, and tomorrow, I'm due to make one with a piece of red/black mohair - and that will be the whole ten of them!  Then its on to the teeny-tiny bears with long legs and big feet.

In the meantime, I am still trying to find meerkat fabric.  Two problems: firstly I need fabric of the right colour/pattern and texture.  Secondly, I need to find a different fabric for the finer details of the face - and some way to meld the two fabrics together, without there being a clear distinction between them.  It's not proving very easy.






No comments: