Good morning! The mammoths I make sell reasonably well to non-collectors, but the sticking point is always the fabric. Whilst it's nice to have some kind of tactility - some kind of pile to it - mohair is too expensive. I have been thinking that the ideal fabric would be the cashmere I usually use for teddy bear paw pads. It comes in slim-ish strips though, and my ordinary mammoth pattern is too big to fit. Recently I tried reducing the pattern size, and these little black mammoths are the result. They are incredibly cute! (Unfortunately I don't have any of the bigger mammoths to compare them with at the moment.)
At the same time, somebody recently sent me some vintage velvet curtain fabric - dark bottle green with yellow flowers. It is absolutely beautiful, and that makes a very sweet mammoth too!
I have put all three of these in my Etsy shop.