Friday 6 November 2015

Design Challenge 3


Hi there.  I made my deadline for the Challenge - woohoo!  

I am slightly delayed.  I spent the morning making these - biscotti for a local church bazaar (from this recipe)!  Funny, I love these but I only make them once a year, and when I do there are never enough to actually eat - they all have to be bagged up.  I should make 2 lots at once but I never remember.


 Anyway, having created a fur border around the foot pads last week, I thought the hand pads(?)  would be easy.  I had to throw out a good few arms though, before I got it right.  I think it is because the 'hand', in my pattern, is at a slight angle to the arm.  Because it isn't symmetrical, like the foot pad, it wasn't straight-forward.  I got there in the end though.

Here is the pattern without the fur border - just a little of pile from the back of the hand visible.


And here is the  same paw pad with the new border (below).  The base of the pad looks a little strange, but you can see by looking at the picture of the original design (above) that it is supposed to be at an angle.  The first time I tried it, I forgot this and tried to sew the border in an even circle around the pad.  It took me a while to realise why it wasn't working.


Below is a picture of the two arms side-by-side.  There is a slight choppiness around the new border, because of the multiple darts needed.  I don't think there's a whole lot that can be done about that, but I think, with a different mohair, it wouldn't be so noticeable. 

Any preferences? - please let me know!  :-)  


No comments: