I may have mentioned this before (more than once), but when I first started making bears, I used to copy all the patterns into big ring-bound notebooks. These notebooks got pulled about quite a bit - since I reuse and modify pattern pieces all the time - so they were frequently left lying about in entirely the wrong place!
Anyway, one day they just disappeared. I assume they got thrown away by accident - whatever, it was my fault entirely. I [eventually] took the positive viewpoint that it gave me the chance to start entirely afresh, but there were quite a few patterns which I desperately regretted having lost.
One of them was the face and body of this bear (below), Marmite.
I used them quite a lot, in various different incarnations. The head design is just very sweet. The body, although you can't see it very well here, had a lovely, bulgy sort of stomach.
So last week I had a go at recreating the body, and this week I tried for the face. Both of them still need tweaking I think, but they came out quite well, and since I have a show coming up, and I really ought to be making bears for that, I put the face and body together with the arms and legs of previous design challenges.
Mouse is the result. I am quite pleased with him. He is quite petite and the body has a lovely pear shape to it - something I hadn't remembered from the old design. I once had an idea for an art deco-style bear, made entirely of triangular shapes. Mouse fits the bill rather well - I might have a go at adapting his design again.
I have put Mouse on Etsy - find his listing here!
Oooh - and one more thing! I have put together another Etsy treasury of beautiful handmade hedgehogs from lots of different artists/makers. There are some crackers - have a look here.