Friday 10 June 2011

Enoch




















I'm going backwards and forwards here - another bird? Leaflets? Bears? Leaflets? - no, birds! Sometimes, there seem to be so many things I'd like to do that I end up sitting there dithering, not doing anything at all.

Luckily I managed to keep it together this time - so meet my new bear, Enoch! Is it me, or does the face bear more than a passing resemblance to that of a West Highland white terrier? This is actually the panda design (Benjamin), only smaller (12"), and not with panda colouring. Why, oh why, did I spend ages trying to come up with what I always thought of as a distinctly panda-ish shape, and then go and make a non-panda teddy bear out of it?!

I guess, if I'd been going for realism with Enoch, it wouldn't have worked - because this is a panda shape (or a Westie shape, if you prefer). It's because he's a character bear that it works.

Anyway, much as I need bears to fill the shelves in my unit at the Art & Craft Centre, I'm saving Enoch for the craft fair in July (God, its the 10th June already!!!).

No comments: