Sunday 22 April 2012

Jodie

This is Jodie - a little 10" bear - made from a mohair which I loathe, but which actually looks quite sweet here.  This mohair frays terribly, so sewing up the openings after jointing and stuffing becomes a nightmare!  And, it's one of the more inexpensive mohair fabrics, so I bought a lot of it!

I do actually have another 'finished' bear made from this mohair, but I sewed it wrong-side out (intentionally), so it has no fur at all.  The idea of this was to make a bear suitable for dressing.  I do like dressed bears, but often the thickness of the pile gets in the way, so I thought perhaps a completely naked bear would be the thing.  Unfortunately, the dress-maker is busy with other things at the moment, so my poor naked bear is sitting here shivering.  Hopefully, I will have pictures of her in her new clothes soon.






No comments: