Tuesday, 2 July 2013


I'm back making these little bears.  I didn't intend to, but I only have two left of the ten I made before (yay - happy face!).  They have sold quite well.  I suppose I should rename one of the remaining two - perhaps the name Tablecloth is putting people off?

Anyway, I thought I'd give the faux fur another go, and Eric - little fat Eric - is the result.  I was all enthusiastic about the new fabric, and then of course it shed everywhere when it was cut, it stretched out of shape when stuffed, it was really difficult to sew up the openings because you can hardly see the edges of the fabric under all that fluff.  And it looks a little uneven along the seams.  Definitely not as forgiving as mohair.  

I did use this same fabric once with one of my previous bears, Maurice, but only as one part of a multi-coloured body, and not next to any of the openings.  That worked a lot better.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Actually, he looks cute and squidgy - possibly even a bit gremlin like!