Wednesday 22 January 2014

Benedict

Recently I found a couple of bears that I cut out a while ago, but hadn't got round to sewing - these are the bears that at one point I was sewing inside Christmas wreaths.  I thought it was a lovely idea, but it never really caught on.  I think I sold one of them.  With lots of shows booked though, I'm starting to think seriously about what I'd like to have on my table, and I've always liked these, so I'm wondering if I can re-work them somehow.

The arms and legs of these bears are not jointed, but they have a neck joint, and another joint in the centre of the body, just below the arms, so they can twist in the middle.  Dare I say it, there is something slightly maggot-like about the movement(!), but I don't think it detracts from them.

They would be difficult to display though.

I'm considering making a smaller version, and perhaps weighting it slightly to make it appealing to hold.  If it is small enough, I could make it out of mohair scraps (of which I have far too many)!







1 comment:

Gratia said...

They remind me of sloths in the way that they twist and turn. Super cool little bears.