When I was dying mohair to make the little long-legged bears a while ago (see this post), I used the leftover pieces to cut out a few Cheeky-style bears. Then I put the pieces away and forgot about them - I think the meerkats were calling!
Anyway, having finished the second luck dragon recently, I was looking around for something a bit easy to make, before moving on to the corvid pattern. I found the dyed pieces, and made Lola here. It was quite nice - a bit like finding a forgotten fiver buried at the bottom of your pocket (not that that happens often). I must make an effort to put pieces aside more often, just for those times when it's nice to have a breather between big projects.
Post a Comment