Saturday 22 March 2014

Revised bear pattern

Well, Herbert found a home!  He has gone to someone who is involved in making a commercial for Sky TV - I do hope he is appreciated after that too(!)

I have been working on some revisions to his pattern.  There was lots to like about him, but he wasn't quite what I was aiming for, so I am going to give it another go.  I have ordered another quarter of a metre of the expensive mohair(!)  I have also found another type of mohair which, although much thinner and less lustrous, is of the right colour, and looks perhaps slightly more aged?  That sounds like I'm trying say 'manky', in as polite a way as possible, but I'm not honestly!  It is mohair, so I'm sure it will be lovely.  The real advantage is that it cost almost exactly £10 less than the mohair I used for Herbert.  I'll see what it looks like when it turns up, but hopefully it should reduce the cost of this design.

These are my crappy-snaps of the revised pattern.  He has a slightly more petite body (I hope), a shorter head and a perkier nose.  I am very chuffed with him; fingers crossed he translates well into mohair.



No comments: