Saturday 18 October 2014

New items for the fair in Stock

Tomorrow we are going to be at the Greenwoods Hotel, in Stock, for the Marble Events craft fair.  In addition to the three 'mini mammoths' I mentioned in this post, I have two crows (Vernon and Quincey), a tweed mammoth (McNutt), two little robins (Joan and Irene), and one of my little old-fashioned bears in cream mohair, with eyelids (Heloise).

McNutt is made from genuine Irish tweed, woven in County Donegal, that my mother brought back from the Knitting & Stitching Show last weekend.  Apparently it was about £40 a metre - which is less expensive than the mohair - and it's lovely to work with, although it does stretch a bit: he turned out rather rounder and fatter than the mohair mammoths do.  We'll see what response he gets though: if he goes down well, I might try a tweed bear.












No comments: