Thursday 5 February 2015

New crows & Etsy update

I wasn't going to put any of my new things in my Etsy shop (thinking that I needed to save them for the shows) but recently somebody emailed me to ask me to put one of my Etsy bears aside for her, to be collected at Hugglets.  I have suddenly twigged that there is a link on the Hugglets page which takes people to my shop, and I need to get listing things, so my Hugglets customers can see them!  

So all hedgehogs are now on there, as well as these crows - Nelson & Rumpole...


And Macauley & Biggles...


In the meantime, I have been putting together this panda prototype.  He is not a new design, but I haven't made any pandas for ages, and this is a medium sized version of the ones I used to make, so I thought I ought to test it, just to make sure I knew what I was doing.  He is so sweet - I love the way they look in plain cotton.  I think I must have an otherwise-unnoticeable minimalist streak in me.


The other thing I've been working on is a commission bear.  Somebody sent me a photograph of an old, homemade, pre-war bear called Plummy and asked me to make them a similar one.  I think I have just about got the design right; now it's just down to fabric.  Today we went out for lunch in Frinton, and stopped in (on the off-chance) at the Townrow carpet-and-curtains shop (not it's official name).  They have some wonderful stuff!  It's not cheap, but certainly less expensive than mohair.  (Although I think you do a bit blasé about that kind of thing when you're used to buying mohair.)  We found several possibilities and spent a small fortune(!)  Now I need to sit down and work out exactly how I'm going to use each piece to cover the cost - my least favourite job.

Anyway, hopefully I am going to make a panda whilst waiting for my curtain fabric to arrive - so that's what should be appearing here next!

No comments: