Friday 10 July 2020

Black raglan top - McCalls 7093


Another raglan top pattern - McCalls 7093.  I'm not quite so keen on this one.  Partly, I think it's because I chose not to lengthen the pattern - I can't remember why, now; i think it just looked long enough as it was.  Its definitely shorter on me than it is on the model in the picture.

Partly also, it could be the fabric (see below).  I was looking for something to wear for work, when it gets really hot, so I chose a really thin, light fabric.  I think it just doesn't drape as well as my last effort.

I suppose it could be the pockets too.  In theory, pockets are always good.  But these ones are a bit wide and shallow, and they fall at stomach-level, which isn't where I need extra width.  Not immediately post-lockdown anyway.


Anyway, I made some masks for work as well, out of the left-over fabric.  I feel like I've got a bit of a 'Men in Black' vibe going on with my little pile of black masks, and my pile of black tops and trousers.  The masks come with obligatory white cat hair of course(!)




No comments: