Tuesday 2 August 2011

Sky blue mammoth

You know that thing where you know just a little bit of a tune, but you don't know what it is, or where you remember it from?  Well, I recently managed to put a name to another tune...



What a great piece of music!  Anyway, I really dropped in to show some picturs of my new mammoth.  I found some lovely cloudy blue fabric with little birds printed across it.



And he has wings!




I'm still not completely happy with the wings - they look a little bit like cornish pasties, laid end to end.  But this is the fourth attempt and they look far, far better than the first ones I tried!  I will make a few smaller pairs and try them on the little bears of the last post.  Somebody said to me recently that they looked a bit macabre(!)  I hadn't been thinking about them like that at all, but maybe the wings would prevent any confusion...

2 comments:

aimee said...

i love it its soooo cute xxx

Ruth said...

Thank you for that!