Thursday 26 April 2012

Aimie

My new patchwork mammoth!  I once made a patchwork bear, which found a home at the Clare Priory Craft Fair.  I love the way these patchwork creatures turn out, but I realised yesterday that actually putting the patchwork together is one of my worst nightmares!  I know it is so important to get the pieces in the right place - to get the pattern right - but I find it very difficult to imagine what the finished article will look like when I'm preparing the flat pieces, and I get paralysed with indecision!

You might notice that, down her right-hand side, there's a row of little ribbon loops.  This was just something thrown in to add interest, but it has given me another idea, so yes, I am going to try for another patchwork mammoth.  I have also cut out the pieces for one of my extra large mammoths, but I'm not sure I can face the idea of so much patchwork!  Maybe next year!






1 comment:

Polly said...

He's lovely Ruth. I keep thinking I might use some of my left over pieces of mohair to make a large patchwork bear, but never got around to it yet.