Well, it's been a really disappointing week on the work front! Several people have asked me to make corvids for them, but I've really struggled to source any fabric close to that of the first two birds. They were made out of a beautiful old Hobbs skirt, 100% linen, and with a slight texture to it. Most of the samples I've ordered have been a thin, smooth, almost shiny type of linen. The only one with the right kind of slubby effect turned out to be dark grey, rather than black.
I finally found a fabric that I thought I would try, got halfway through and found that I don't have the right size joints to finish.
In the meantime, I thought I'd have a go at using up some of my mohair scraps by making a smaller version of Benedict. He was 75 per cent finished before I finally gave up. I need to have it tattooed somewhere - do not make small bears out of long mohair! They always look blobby, and the seamage tends to take over.
I have managed to get a few things done - small things - and this is one of them. She is called Tulip, and is made out of hand-dyed mohair. She is five-way jointed, with glass eyes, and a little satin rose embellishment to one side of her face.