Hello! I'm still here - I'm just not getting anything done very fast. I made another little moon bear for the show on the 15th June - shown below, with Robbie. His name is Pelham. I have been reading a brilliant biography of P. G. Wodehouse, and the P in his name stands for Pelham, although he was always called Plummie or Plum. Plummie is a lovely fat, friendly name, but this bear just didn't look like a Plummie to me. I'm sure a bear will appear that suit that name eventually though.
In the meantime, I have been spending far too much money! I needed to renew my 25kg bags of stuffing and steel shot. Then there were various joints and eyes that needed re-ordering, plus the mohair for the new moon bear pattern. Then, this morning, two more black linen samples arrived from the US. One is slightly too thin; the other is a perfect weight but doesn't come in black. *Sigh* However, the thin sample is closer than anything else I've tried so I've ordered a small amount in the hope that it might work reasonably well for the crows. And if it arrives quickly, I might be able to make some in time for the show on the 15th June.
At any rate, what with all that, I'm now flat broke for a while.
The good news is the new moon bear pattern is ready (I think) - although I'm never sure about these things until I've actually made the final version. I said I wanted the new bear to be long-bodied and sitting on his haunches. Actually, I think he will be rather shorter and stouter, and the haunch idea has gone by the wayside. However, I am quite pleased with the prototype, so fingers crossed he turns out okay. I'll be back very soon hopefully, with something else made!
Post a Comment