Wednesday 20 May 2015

Sun bears

I'm a little bit behind on updating the blog!  I have been working on sun bears recently - I am quite taken with them.  This first one is called Boo.  He's made from a lovely silky black mohair, and quite big - measuring 17 inches from head to toe.







I'm really pleased by the way he turned out, but I think his muzzle could be a bit longer.  Unfortunately, I had run out of black mohair so I reduced the pattern, and made another bear out of Schulte viscose.  This one's name is Sunbearo - after this little chap.  His nose is longer and his body a little taller - and I have flattened out his paws a little more.  He doesn't photograph all that well unfortunately - you'll have to take my word for it that he is absolutely adorable - very much like the little fat ninjas in the video in this post.  He measures about 10.5 inches from head to toe.







No comments: