Tuesday 6 July 2010

New lingerie ad

I have recently updated the homepage of the lingerie website.

I liked the laundry picture so much, that I thought I'd try to incorporate it somehow. It just looks really summery to me - lots of really bright light - so much that it almost blots out the colour - and then really dark patches - like when you step into the shade after being practically blinded by the sun.

It didn't say a whole lot on its own though, so I Paintshopped one of Rebekah's pictures into it. I'm not sure why the girl in the picture is sitting there in her nightie, waiting for the laundry to dry, but she fits in really well with the pastel colours of the laundry.

One of the things I always struggle with when trying to put together images for the homepage is the caption (just like I struggle with blog post titles). Everything I think of - including the one I went with - sounds a bit twee.

I went with 'Get That Summer Feeling' a) because that picture really does make me think of summer, and b) because it reminded me of the Jackie Wilson song:



(Just another excuse for a music clip.) To credit it properly, it's a Youtube clip, posted by robmacgillivray.

No comments: