Wednesday 13 April 2011

Mammoth

I'm still feeling horrible - cold and tired and achy. I'm trying to resist the temptation to give up get into bed because somehow I just feel worse when I finally get myself up again.

The most frustrating thing though is that I keep losing things - first my camera battery charger and now my nut driver for making little bears. I was congratulating myself on the progress I was making with my latest bear and now suddenly I'm stuck and can't go any further. The new one is on order but it will take a few days to arrive.

In the meantime, I thought I'd keep the side up with this little mammoth. I've decided this new series is definitely mammoth, rather than elephant. The fabric for this one is gel-tipped mohair. I was saving it for a possible hedgehog, but once I decided that I was making woolly mammoths, it seemed quite appropriate.

Anyway, apologies for the none-too-scintillating blog post. I am going back to fiddling with a new foot design, and waiting for my nut driver to arrive.





2 comments:

Polly said...

He's lovely, I knew they were Mammoths really. They were just masquerading as Elephants to fool us all!

Ruth said...

Thank you Polly! Hopefully, the next step will be tusks!