Tuesday 26 July 2011

Open edition bear

It seems like a long time since I last posted.  I have made three mammoths and two small bears since I last posted, but the taking of photographs has been delayed somewhat.  However, I did manage to get photos of one of the bears this morning.  It is the Merrythought Cheeky-inspired design...






This one is called Boyd.

As might be obvious by now - my having made quite a few of these - I have decided to make this into an open edition bear.  I love the design: it has the right combination of simplicity, character and happiness.

In the meantime, my bear-with-wings has become a bear-without-wings, but he does look quite cute all the same!  I am hoping to make another two the same, so I can make a display out of them.  Hopefully, I will be back with pictures soon.

2 comments:

Polly said...

He is lovely, such a clean look about him. I am beginning to like this short pile mohair more and more these days.
Polly, Pud Bears

Ruth said...

Thank you Polly! Yes, I like this mohair - although I've found it only works with certain designs. And it has the big advantage of being one of the less expensive types!