Thursday 5 January 2012

A small snag

I have hit a problem in pursuit of my 2012 aim to be more seasonal.  For some reason I have started working on a design for Easter - despite there being several 'seasonal events' before that.  There's nothing like six long-winded, labourous attempts at one small leg to bring you down with a bump after all the blithe, high-minded resolutions of the New Year.

Anyway, I have finally completed the prototype of this... something, that I'm making for Easter, and I've started wondering what I'm going to do about blogging it.  Do I finish the 'real version' and then blog it straight away?  Do I wait until Easter?  In some respects, it would be nice to wait until Easter - so I can pull off the sheet and shout "Ta-da!", unveiling an impressive collection of previously-unseen, Easter-themed items.  On the other hand, I could spend every minute from now until February 14th making secret stuff for Valentine's Day, and I would have nothing to blog about in the meantime.  And, come February 14th, well... is there such a thing as 'bloggers diarrhoea'?

I think I'm going to have to change the way I blog, either doing so less frequently or finding other stuff to write about (the retail side of things, for example, or my long-neglected vintage underwear business).  I have been thinking about posting recipes, and food photos, since that's something I've been into lately.  Unfortunately, most of my recent attempts to cook something interesting have been dismal failures, and I haven't quite got the hang of taking photos in the evening, with all-artificial light.

Ah well, I'll see how it goes.  If I feel I'm letting the side down, I might sneak in a photo of this... something... that I'm making for Easter.

No comments: