Monday 28 May 2012

Our beautiful unfinished kitchen

I'm afraid I failed to do anything like the amount of work I was hoping to do over the weekend.  We had family over on Saturday, and then I worked at the Art & Craft Centre on the Sunday.  As a result, the panda has only just acquired his trousers, and the red cardinal is lost beneath a pile of mohair scraps.

I do have something to blog about though - as usual, due to the builders' hard work, rather than my own.  This is our roof from the outside...


And this is what it looks like inside...





It looks absolutely amazing!  I looked at it and thought, "Right - that's it.  Stop right there.  That's exactly the way we want it", and my mother said much the same.  It seems such a shame to tile the roof and cut out all that light, and to cover up the rafters on the inside.  But, I guess if it rains tomorrow, we'll be desperate for the tiles back.

Tomorrow, hopefully, the rest of the old ceiling goes.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Oh, you're right. That looks fabulous. Maybe some of that corrugated plastic...?

Ruth said...

I would love to have a corrugated plastic roof! Unfortunately, given the amount of window we are going to have, I think we have committed to having extra-thick insulation added everywhere possible.