Sunday 1 January 2012

91 bears

Made it to my second-best target!  91 bears in 2011 - not quite as many as I'd hoped, but certainly an improvement on last year.  Unfortunately, I haven't got a photograph of two of them... but I have made 91 - honest!  The two missing bears are mentioned at the end of this post.

In the past couple of days, I have finished up a bear and two mammoths.  Here's the bear: Benji





And here are the mammoths: Deliah and Agatha...


So, of the 2011 bears, there are 19 mini bears...


...14 Cheeky-style bears...



...14 mammoths...

... 6 mohair mammoths...

 ... 3 extra large Union Jack mammoths and a baby mammoth...

... 11 realistic bears (ahem, the pink bear in the middle is supposed to be realistic in design, if not in colour)...


... 3 OOAK character bears...
 ... and lots of little things: three 3-piece bears, 3 flying bears, 2 weird owls, 4 bears which made up a family, and 8 hanging heart bears (2 of which are not pictured).
In 2012, the big thing is that I really really need to improve my work rate.  I'm back to my 100 bears target - although, of course, anything above that would be great.  I would like to come up with some new designs, and particularly, to develop the realistic bears more.  I would also like to put a bit more work into seasonal items, sell some bears for charity, and brush up on the presentational stuff.  And, once and for all, I am going to get the website sorted out!

As for me, I am going to get fit this year (yes, I know, that was a resolution last year as well), and develop some hobbies - so lots of cooking, reading, visiting of historical places, and going to hear live music!

No comments: